High School Playwriting Competition
We are pleased to announce the return of our High School Playwriting Competition this year. Students from any area High School (as far west as Trenton, as far east as Cornwall, as far north as Ottawa) are invited to submit original plays to be assessed by our panel of judges.
- – Students must be currently attending a high school in the catchment area.
- – Plays can be one or two acts, but must be a minimum of 30 pages.
- – Musicals or plays may be considered, but musicals must submit at least 5 recordings to support the application.
- – Dance or movement-based work will not be considered at this time.
- – Plays which have been professionally produced are NOT eligible. However, plays that have received a student or non-professional production previously will be considered. Plays that have not yet been produced are also eligible.
- – Plays are only eligible if they are entirely ORIGINAL.
Submissions are due
June 1, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Deadline has been extended to June 15, 2015 at 5:00pm
To submit, please fill in the application form, and submit it and your script electronically (pdf of doc files only) to email@example.com.
The grand prize for the winning entry is a full 7-show subscription to our 2015 season. There will be two runner-up prizes of a pair of tickets to any single show in the 2015 season. All winners will receive a dramaturgical meeting with Associate Artistic Director, Rob Kempson.
For more information, please contact Rob Kempson, Associate Artistic Director at 613.382.7086, ext. 21 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a printable application form
To get your students engaged, book our FREE in-class workshop Introduction to Playwriting. Taught by Associate Artistic Cidrector Rob Kempson, this workshop will give your students the start they need to submit to this year’s competition. Contact email@example.com for more information.