Things to Do
The Thousand Islands = A Thousand Pleasures!
In the Thousand Islands there is something for everyone – from culture buffs, to adventure lovers, to the aficionados of the good life. Check these special itineraries for your theatre visit to Gananoque and The Thousand Islands or click here for a list of local attractions.
- Have a leisurely waterfront stroll (including the old architecture by the Gananoque River)
- Attend an artists’ studio tour
- Dine at a special inn or pub
- See a show at the Springer Theatre or the Firehall Theatre. Come early and check out both buildings and have a sunset drink on the deck!
- Try a pub or coffee shop afterwards
- Take a guided walk of the old houses and our main street
- Visit our sculpture garden & Town Hall
- Wander through Gananoque’s Heritage Village and art galleries
- Take out your camera and have a photo-journey along Highway 2
- Stop at the MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and Fort Henry along the way
- Come back for a second show – or stay for a Monday night Studio S classical concert
Local Colour and Nature Lovers
- Check out the colourful local cafés, stores, flea market & shops
- Play a round of golf at one our local courses
- Take the family for a swim at Joel Stone Park near Heritage Village
- Attend a community festival like Ribfest or Local Flavours, or bring your pre-show picnic to our gorgeous Springer Theatre deck
- See a show
- Explore the river on a kayak trip (or take a 1000 islands cruise) and stop for lunch on an island
- Rent a bike and cycle the 1000 islands parkway
- Check out our local produce
- Visit the Old Mill in Delta, or one of the locks on the Rideau
- Select a local restaurant – all sizes and flavours!
- See a second show or concert. Afterwards, stay on the deck and watch the moon’s reflection on the water.
Fans of the Finer Things…
- Enjoy a matinee of first-class live theatre
- Share a perfect meal at one of our fine dining destinations in the area
- Stroll by the water then have a nightcap
- Indulge in a spa treatment
- Visit luxurious Singer or Boldt Castle – but don’t forget your passport
- Find some antique jewellery in a local shop
- Take a break on our main street and sip a delicious cappuccino
- Try a kayaking experience – or a leisurely waterfront lunch on the parkway
- Enjoy one of four Monday evening world-class classical Studio S concerts
Please check other websites listed here for full information on area resources.