A message about COVID-19
Friday, April 3, 2020
The safety and well-being of our audiences and employees is our highest priority at the Thousand Islands Playhouse.
Please note that, at present, the Playhouse’s 2020 season is proceeding and will begin in two months, on May 29. While we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation daily, we are following the advice of our provincial and federal governments, as well as local public health officials at Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit and KFL&A Public Health. We will continue to keep our audience and followers up to date on any changes that may occur with regards to performances at the Thousand Islands Playhouse.
In an effort to provide a safe and secure venue for both visitors and employees, we are making the following adjustments for the 2020 season:
○ Closing our facilities beginning Monday, March 16 through to Monday, May 4. Our Box Office will continue to be available over the email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ Increasing efforts to disinfect and sanitize facilities on a regular basis
○ Installing hand-sanitizer stations at entrances to both the venues and strategically where needed
○ Staff training focused on adhering to proper hygiene practices
○ Staff are strongly encouraged to stay home if they feel ill and we ask that ticket-holders who feel unwell, please stay home and rest
We have always offered the security to exchange tickets for another performance. For the 2020 season, we will be waiving the ticket exchange fee for all visitors due to this uncertain time. For any adjustments to your planned visit, please email our Box Office here.
As you are aware, the circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic are changing hourly. We are committed to protecting our audiences, many of whom are in higher risk categories, and will continue to monitor the situation as it progresses.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.